My favorite pens are both Uni-ball. For drawing it is currently the Uni-ball Vision Elite, and my favorite writing pen is the Uni-ball Jetstream.
The Uni-ball Vision Elite is a roller ball pen and has many endearing qualities:
• It doesn’t bleed. If I go over it later with a watercolor wash, or if it gets wet, no worries.
• It makes a continuously consistent line of one thickness.
• It lasts for quite some time unlike gel pens.
• The cap fits on the end of the pen while you’re using it. It is surprising how many pens don’t have this feature!
It’s rare that I want to do a drawing with a ballpoint pen, but it has happened several times. This baby portrait is done in ballpoint. I drew my uncle’s portrait in ballpoint, but only because my favorite pens were packed in an unknown place when I moved.
The Uni-ball Jetstream is a ballpoint pen and the perfect tool for writing because:
• The flow is extra smooth
• It is retractable (no cap that needs a home while writing).
• The black is intense
• It has a window on the side so I can see how much ink is left
There is one other person I know that can’t write without the pen they require. It can be a critical moment or something that needs to be written quickly, but no matter the situation, if I don’t have the pen for the task at hand, I will need to find one right then. Because it is something that can stop me from being productive, I take care to have a couple of these at all times. Then I have been known to have a back-up pen or two in case I just need to write a phone number or let someone borrow one.
Are you the kind of person who keeps extra pens handy or are you always searching for something to write with?
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]