It is a contest and a give-away! If you can guess the same two colors that I used to complete this sketch, you have a chance to win!
Guess Two Colors *ends 10-29-16
Guess the last two colors of the ribbons in the sketch and win your choice of the following prizes:
- An Aukey headset/bluetooth
- A signed print of this completed drawing
- The Easyloc hair tool (for maintaining or starting locked hair)
To win your choice of one of the three items listed above:
- Post your two guesses in the comments below AND
- Subscribe to the Lines of Expression newsletter. **If you enter two guesses, but do not subscribe, I will subscribe for you. You will still receive an email confirmation.
On August 30, 2016, I will announce the winner of the contest. The selected prize will be shipped to the address provided on September 1, 2016. If there is more than one person to select the winning color combination, the names will be selected randomly among those who have chosen the right colors. May the Force be with you!
A Drawing Exercise
This drawing is an ink exercise I like to use when I am stuck. The outcome is usually good no matter how it develops. I would like the colors to be compatible and I have had a long time to think about which colors would be the best choice. I have selected two. Generally the results of this exercise get me inspired to draw something else. This time I used colored pencils and ink.
New Art Supplies
After years of planning to, I finally bought a set of gouache paints. Next time I might try this drawing exercise with the new paints. It will be a good chance to review the new colors and create a series of these exercise sketches. Look for new drawing exercises in future posts.