Self portrait preliminary sketch done with a dark grey ink. This drawing is the first scan of more to come; a work in progress.
The lady in the mirror is unfamiliar. I’ve been doing a lot of growing and changing, but I didn’t think I would ever find my reflection to be new.
This drawing is a preliminary sketch of a self portrait done in ink with a Marvy LePen in dark grey. I would have chosen the light grey, but I can’t find it anywhere. I like the Marvy LePens for preliminary sketches because they are watercolor; if you add water, the lines fade.
I intend to continue this drawing in black ink. I started the black with a Pigma Micron .02 point, which is a Sakura product and I absolutely love all of their products. The Sakura pens are the ones I can go back to after one year or more and it performs. Sakura rocks!
Self Portrait Hair Inspired by Taura Taylor’s Nappy Parlor
This sketch falls in the natural hair theme. A few weeks ago I visited Taura Taylor of the Nappy Parlor in Atlanta.
I had the pleasure of going to her shop to get my hair done and since I was going, I thought I would get it dyed too. These are the things I enjoyed about The Nappy Parlor:
- She was delightful and when I left, my hair felt lighter and smelled divine.
- She was not overbooked and she allotted enough time to wash, dye and retouch my locs.
- It was refreshing that she also had locs; I can recall many stylists who maintain locs for others, but do not choose that style for themselves.
- She made no negative or judgmental comments about my hair.
- She charged me less than the amount we agreed on.
- She was able to take my debit card for payment.
I rarely have my hair done but the next time I don’t feel like doing it myself, I will have Taura fix me up.
Check back in for more development on this self portrait.