My dear friend welcomed me to Atlanta announcing that I am a new Georgia peach! It’s true; everything is new.
- New zip code
- New phone number
- New state
- New driver’s license
- New weather
- New scanner!
- New blog
- New ideas
- New inspiration
It’s been a whirlwind and I’m glad of it. I desperately needed a change; I’ve been ready to leave Michigan for many years. Change is exciting.
This is a sneak preview of a drawing that I started working on last summer. I wasn’t sure what the peach pits represented at the time, but lo and behold the meaning is now clear! What a difference a year makes! Inspiration came from a sketchbook that I received as a gift. A year after the fire I didn’t feel much for drawing even though all my art supplies survived. This drawing represents a new surge in my inspiration. It is often a challenge to stay inspired. Here is a list of ways to keep the creative juices flowing:
Twelve Ways to Stay Inspired
- Get a new sketchbook
- Work on a different kind of artistic project than you usually do like knitting or collage
- Keep a list of drawings you would like to create
- Read Danny Gregory‘s book The Creative License
- Draw outside
- Change media from whatever you always use
- Organize your studio/workspace
- Do daily drawing exercises that do not require a certain outcome (Don’t wait for inspiration! Draw anyway.)
- Watch the documentary The Mystery of Picasso
- Read Keri Smith’s 100 ideas
- Take a life drawing class
- Visit museums and art galleries
- Change the pace of your drawing; go slower or faster
Are there any ways to stay inspired that you can add to my list? Please share!